League Coordinator/Special Events
The WEC seeks to be southern Maryland's largest provider of indoor adult and youth recreational sports leagues, tournaments and events. The League Coordinator is a newly developed position that will have a significant impact on the success of our programs. This position will be challenging but very rewarding; only highly organized and reliable people should apply.
Start date: Immediately
Completion date: Permanent Position
Hours: Part-time hours with full-time potential. Flexible schedule. Some weeknight or weekend work will be required.
• Promote the league and recruit teams to play in our indoor sports leagues
• Handle team registrations, player registrations and paperwork process
• Coordinate league registrations and schedules on the website
• Help manage the field and equipment maintenance (goals, scoreboards, banners)
• Manage and maintain league database
• Coordinate opening and closing facility during assigned shifts
• Oversee regular communication and public relations with league
• Work with management to assure all games are covered with certified referees
• Coordinate schedules for rentals, tournaments and other special functions
• Assist in selection and management referees and coaches for clinics and tournaments as well as coordinate needed staff
- University or College degree
- High level of computer competence
- Energetic business champion and community connector
- Sales-minded personality critical
- Connections with the local and surrounding area athletic organizations
- Comfortable speaking over the phone and in person to prospective clients and organizations
- Extremely organized
- Driven and goal oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communicator: written and oral
- Independent thinker and worker with strong group work skills
*Background check required
How to apply: All applicants must complete an application form. Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email address below. Successful applicants will be contacted via phone or email.
Attention: Email resume and cover letter to Kim Logan at email@example.com to apply.