Chaptico Classic (8/25/2012)
Dash or amble along scenic byways to benefit local charities. Twenty-seven years running, the Chaptico Classic is Southern Maryland's oldest running event. Race 10K or 5K T.A.C. certified courses or walk a three-mile loop. Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female runners as well as the top racers in several age categories for each event. There will be T-shirts, healthy snacks, and other goodies for all. After the race, meet three-time Olympic competitor and bronze medalist Lynn Jennings. Jennings holds a record collection of 39 national titles in track, road and cross-country in distances ranging from 1500 meters to 10,000 meters. Jennings will talk about and show video clips of her career and offer running tips. $30 donation ($35 on race day) is tax-deductible Registration starts at 7 a.m. and races begin at 8 This year's Chaptico Classic will benefit St. Mary's Caring, Mary Lou Gough Food Pantry at Our Lady of the Wayside Church, Three Oaks Shelter, and Southern Maryland Caring Network. Pre-register by visiting www.active.com, by calling 301-475-2886, e-mailing Cara at email@example.com, or sign up beginning at 7:00 a.m. on the day of the race.
Tell a Friend about this Event!
Be The First To Comment On This Event!
Events At a Glance
- Free Luncheon for First Responders - [more]
- VERA BRADLEY BINGO - [more]
- 2nd Dist. VFD&RS ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST - [more]
- Book Discussion. - [more]
- COSMIC Season Finale - [more]
- COSMIC and the Chesapeake Choral Arts Society announce their Spring... - [more]
- Benefit Concert for Home Team by Chesapeake Community Chorus - [more]