Maryland Choral Society: Dona Nobis Pacem (5/20/2012)
Ralph Vaughan Williams's Dona Nobis Pacem, written in the years just prior to the outbreak of World War II, blends the poetry of Walt Whitman with the cry for peace ("Dona nobis pacem") embodied within the Agnus Dei of the traditional Latin mass. It is a piece of tremendous drama, emotional scope, and eloquence, and it has much wisdom to offer to us and the world in which we live. The Maryland Choral Society will perform the piece in the rarely-heard version for strings and piano, a reduced orchestration made by the composer himself. Guest Artists: Jessica Lennick, soprano Nathan Wyatt, baritone Sunday, May 20, 2012: 4PM Mount Calvary Catholic Church 6700 Marlboro Pike Forestville, MD 20747 TICKET INFO: $20.00 - general admission $15.00 - student/senior children 10 and under FREE For more information and/or to purchase tickets, please visit us at: www.MarylandChoralSociety.org
Tell a Friend about this Event!
Be The First To Comment On This Event!
Events At a Glance
- Free Luncheon for First Responders - [more]
- VERA BRADLEY BINGO - [more]
- 2nd Dist. VFD&RS ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST - [more]
- Book Discussion. - [more]
- COSMIC Season Finale - [more]
- COSMIC and the Chesapeake Choral Arts Society announce their Spring... - [more]
- Benefit Concert for Home Team by Chesapeake Community Chorus - [more]