SkillsUSA Regional Competition (2/2/2013)
The Dr. James A. Forrest Career & Technology Center is hosting the Maryland SkillsUSA Southern Regional Competition on Saturday, February 2, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the school. Contests open to the public at 9:00 a.m. and the awards assembly starts at 2:00 p.m. The public is invited and encouraged to observe the variety of career contests offered at this event. Students from the Forrest Center in St. Mary's County, the Career & Technology Academy in Calvert County, as well as North Point High School & the Robert D. Stethem Educational Center in Charles County will be participating in the contests. Students receiving 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each contest will move on to the state competition which takes place April 19-20, 2013. Contests cover knowledge and skills in a variety of areas including firefighting, nurse assisting, criminal justice, digital cinema production, automotive technology, advertising design and computer aided drafting just to name a few. For more information, contact Bonnie Skinner or Eric Millham at 301.475.0242 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please note: The event may be recorded and presented on SMCPS Channel 96, the school system's educational cable channel, and the internet.
Tell a Friend about this Event!
Be The First To Comment On This Event!
Events At a Glance
- Troop 1785's Third Annual Fun Run/Walk - [more]
- Sunrise Yoga on the Wharf - [more]
- Sunrise Yoga at the Wharf - [more]
- 5K Run for Research - [more]
- Walk to End Alzheimer's in La Plata - [more]
- Walk to End Alzheimer's in Solomons - [more]
- Family Fun Walk & 5k Timed Trail Run - [more]
- SMMC All Ford Car/Truck Show - [more]
- Patuxent River Cleanup at Myrtle Point Park - [more]
- Playtime. - [more]
- Children's Makers Space. - [more]
- Popsicle Stick Bridges - Open Labs (formerly PaxSpace Kids) - [more]
- Teen Human Trafficking Awareness Event - [more]
- Patriot Classic Marching Band Competition - [more]