Story Category: Live Updates »
Calvert County Progress Report
CALVERT COUNTY - 9/18/2009
The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners has released its 2009 Progress Report covering local government initiatives and accomplishments from 2006 to 2008, the first half of the board’s four-year term.
The Progress Report provides an overview of county government operations in a variety of areas including county finance, economic development, transportation, education and public safety. Highlights include:
· An overall sound financial plan despite a major global economic downturn;
· A growing commercial tax base, positive job growth and increasing tourism expenditures;
· Groundbreaking and construction of the county’s first indoor aquatic facility;
· Completion of Lusby Southern Connector Boulevard and development of several other transportation improvement projects;
· Increase in spending on public education and public safety; and
· Successful growth management and land preservation programs.
“The 2009 Progress Report showcases many of the accomplishments that often occur behind the scenes of county government,” said BOCC President Wilson Parran. “Along with our monthly Calvert Currents electronic newsletter, the Progress Report is one more way we hope to show openness and accountability to our citizens. The BOCC had previously issued midterm reports every two years. We believe it is important to communicate to county residents more regularly, so the Progress Report will be an annual publication.”
In an effort to reduce printing and distribution costs, and in support of the County’s Go Green initiative, the progress report is available electronically, viewable in Adobe Acrobat PDF format on the Calvert County government Web site at www.co.cal.md.us. Printed copies will be available for view at county libraries. Individual printed copies are available by request only. Requests may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 535-4583, ext. 2488.
Be The First To Comment On This Story!
Send This Story to a Friend!