TheBayNet.com has received numerous reports of accidents in the Tri-County area. The roads are very icy and conditions are expected to get worse throughout the evening.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 1 a.m. on Wednesday
* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW...MIXED WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN OR DRIZZLE.
* ACCUMULATIONS...1 TO 2 INCHES SNOW. LIGHT ICE ACCUMULATION FROM SLEET OR FREEZING RAIN AT THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL BECOME MORE STEADY BY EARLY EVENING...AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE EVENING BEFORE ENDING AROUND MIDNIGHT. SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN OR DRIZZLE POSSIBLE THROUGH THIS EVENING.
* TEMPERATURES...FALLING INTO THE 20S AFTER SUNSET. LOWS IN THE MID 20S TONIGHT.
* WINDS...EAST AROUND 5 MPH EARLY THIS EVENING...BECOMING NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH BY MIDNIGHT.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.