Story Category: Live Updates »
Charles County Public Forum April 27
Charles County, MD - 4/20/2011
The Charles County Board of Commissioners would like to inform citizens that the next public forum will be held on Wednesday, April 27, at 5:30 p.m. Public forums are open to the general public.
To increase accessibility, the Commissioners expanded their agenda to include a monthly public forum opportunity at their regular meetings. Dates and times for upcoming public forums will available on the Commissioners’ published meeting agenda. Commissioner meeting agendas are available online at: www.CharlesCounty.org.
While offering a public forum is important to the Commissioners, it is also necessary to ensure that the Commissioners are allowed enough time to conduct other County business. Therefore, the following guidelines have been established for public forums:
• Any person wishing to speak during the public forum segment must sign the sign-in sheet upon entering the room. The sign-in sheet is available outside of the Commissioner Meeting Room beginning 30 minutes prior to the start of the public forum.
• Individuals are free to speak about any topic affecting Charles County residents.
• Comments should be concise and to the point and limited to three minutes. The actual time limit will be at the discretion of the Commissioner President based on the agenda for the evening and the time available.
• Making a presentation using slide projectors or overhead projectors is not appropriate for public forum.
• Individuals with topics that require more time or who desire to make a more formal presentation than is allowed under these guidelines, contact the Clerk to the County Commissioners at 301-645-0550 for further information related to the Commissioner meeting agendas.
• Engaging in active debate with the Board of Commissioners or audience members will not be allowed. All comments and questions must be directed to the Board.
• Public forum is not to be used as a candidates’ forum.
• Remarks must be respectful and courteous, free of name-calling and personal attacks. Inappropriate language will not be tolerated. Comments presented in a dignified manner have more credibility.
• Comments to the Board of Commissioners do not constitute formal complaints, are not considered requests for records under the Public Records Act, and do not require staff response unless directed to do so by the Board.
The Board of Commissioners appreciates the cooperation of citizens in honoring these guidelines, and look forward to hearing from the public. For more information, contact Crystal Hunt, Public Information Officer, at 301-645-0580 or HuntC@CharlesCounty.org. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
Be The First To Comment On This Story!
Send This Story to a Friend!