Odor of Smoke at the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home
Charlotte Hall, MD - 10/20/2011
By Ryan DeGruy
At 9:14 P.M. on Thursday, October 20, 2011, fire crews were dispatched to the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home for the odor of smoke in the building. Shortly after, the assignment was upgraded to the working building fire after a receiving an additional call stating that there was fire in one of the rooms, additionally the veterans home had began evacuating residents. Crews arrived on scene to find nothing evident from the outside. As crews worked up to the room on the second floor with the fire alarms sounding, they began to notice the odor. Upon investigation, crews discovered a malfuntioning A/C unit that had malfunctioned and caused the smoke in the building.
St. Mary's -
Mechanicsville VFD Co. 2 - Chief 2, Chief 2A, Engine 21, Engine 24, and Squad 2
Hollywood VFD Co. 7 - Truck 7
Mechanicsville VRS Co. 29 - Ambulance 298
Hughesville VFD Co. 2 - Ambulance 28, Engine 22, and Engine 24
Waldorf VFD Co. 3 - Truck 3
Benedict VFD Co. 5 - Engine 53
Be The First To Comment On This Story!
Send This Story to a Friend!