Story Category: Press Releases »
UPDATED: Sandy Closings/Cancellations For Oct. 30
The following streets in North Beach have been closed due to flooding:
10/29/12 1:43 p.m. - Bay Avenue between 3rd and 7th Streets
10/29/12 1:43 p.m. - Chesapeake Avenue between 3rd and 5th Streets
10/29/12 1:43 p.m. - 5th Street between Bay and Chesapeake Avenues
10/29/12 1:13 p.m. -Delegate Bohanan’s town hall meeting scheduled for October 30 in Valley Lee has been cancelled.
10/29/12 1:12 p.m. - Walden facilities in St. Mary’s and Charles Counties will not be open for normal business or individual or group counseling on Tuesday 10/30/012 due to weather-related concerns created by Hurricane Sandy moving through our area. This closure affects walk-in assessments and appointments for assessments, intakes, and outpatient individual and group counseling sessions at Anchor (Charlotte Hall), at Hope Place (Lexington Park), and Outpatient Clinic locations in California and Waldorf. Our business and management offices will also be closed.
- NAS Patuxent River
10/30/12 12:41 p.m. -NAS Patuxent River has resumed normal operations as of noon, Tuesday, Oct. 30. Employees with extenuating circumstances should contact their supervisors for reporting instructions.
10/29/12 12:42 p.m. - NAS Patuxent River remains open, however Gates 1 and 3 are closed. The installation and tenant organizations are in a Mission Essential Personnel (MEP) only status through Tuesday, Oct. 30. FURTHER UPDATES will provide the duration of the MEP only condition. Individuals who are unaware of their own status as a MEP employee should contact their supervisor. Additionally, the following are closed: Naval Health Clinic (NHC) and Pharmacy, Child Development Center (CDC), School Aged Care (SAC) program, the NEX (Navy Exchange), Commissary, Gas Station/Mini-mart, Drill Hall. (updated at 12 p.m., Oct. 29).
- County Government
10/29/12 1:45 p.m. - The Calvert County, Md., Board of County Commissioners has announced that county government offices will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 30, due to the impacts of Hurricane Sandy.
- The Board of County Commissioners meeting and public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 is canceled. The public hearing will be rescheduled.
- The three county senior centers will be closed. Meals on Wheels will not be delivered Tuesday.
- Calvert County Circuit Court and District Court will be closed on Tuesday.
- All county solid waste facilities, including the Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers, will be closed, Tuesday.
- County public transportation’s regular routes will not be available. Special arrangements can be made for residents who do not have transportation and need to get to the shelter at Huntingtown High School, until conditions become hazardous. If you anticipate the need for temporary shelter, please plan accordingly.
- Calvert Library locations will be closed, Tuesday.
- County parks and the Calvert Marine Museum will be closed, Tuesday.
10/29/12 12:30 p.m. - St. Mary's County Government offices will be closed for all non-essential County Employees on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 and the weekly Board of County Commissioners meeting has been rescheduled until Friday, November 2 at 9 a.m. The STS Transit system, six Convenience Centers and St. Andrews Landfill operations will be suspended for Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
10/29/12 12:30 p.m. - Charles County Government offices will be closed on Tuesday, Oct. 30, due to expected inclement weather from Hurricane Sandy. Essential personnel and employees required to maintain operations during inclement weather are to report to work as scheduled. Charles County Government employees should call 301-645-0600 or 301-870-2099 (toll-free 877-807-8790) for updates on Charles County Government's operating status.
The Board of Commissioners meeting session scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 30, is canceled. Public hearings and forums scheduled for Oct. 30 will be rescheduled for a later date.
The following county facilities, programs and agencies will be closed also on Oct. 30:
- Charles County Public Schools - Code Blue for Employees
- Charles County Courthouse (200 Charles Street, La Plata)
- Tri-County Animal Shelter (6707 Animal Shelter Road, Hughesville)
- Charles County Landfill and Recycling Center (12305 Billingsley Road, Waldorf)
- Recycling Centers in Pisgah, Gilbert Run, and Breeze Farm in Cobb Island
- Crain Memorial Welcome Center (12480 Crain Highway, Newburg)
- Charles County Department of Health (4545 Crain Highway, White Plains) - For a public health emergency, call 301-932-2222 and ask for the on-call sanitarian.
- Charles County Public Library - all locations
- Department of Community Services - Meals and Wheels, Elite Gymnastics Center, Indoor Pools, Senior Centers, and Community Recreation Centers
VanGO transportation service will not operate on Oct. 30. Depending upon weather conditions, VanGO plans to resume a normal operating schedule on Wednesday, Oct. 31. For updated information on the operating status of VanGO, citizens may call the VanGO inclement weather line: 301-934-9305, extension 5179. Citizens in need of VanGO service should contact the dispatcher at 301-609-7917.
- County Commissioners
10/29/12 11:30 a.m.Due the impending landfall of Hurricane Sandy, the St. Mary’s County Board of County Commissioners meeting, originally scheduled for Tuesday, October 30, has been rescheduled to Friday, November 2, 2012. The meeting will begin at the usual start time of 9:00 a.m. and the previously published agenda for October 30 remains the same.
10/29/12 1:10 p.m.Calvert County Public Schools will be closed tomorrow 10/30. Employees will be code white.
10/29/12 11:40 a.m.Due to inclement weather conditions associated with Hurricane Sandy, all Charles County Public Schools are closed tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012. There is a code blue for staff, which means no employees report to work
10/29/12 11:25 a.m. - All St. Mary's County Public Schools are closed on Monday, October 29, 2012 and Tuesday October 30, 2012. No employees should report to work. Administrative leave will be provided for twelve month employees only. Designated emergency personnel should contact the Division of Supporting Services at (301) 475-4256, extension 9 for directions as to when to report to work.
10/29/12 12:52 a.m.St. Mary’s College of Maryland Classes Closed Oct. 30, Priority Scholarship and Early Decision Deadline Extended to Nov. 15, Monday, Oct. 29 and Tuesday, Oct. 30, all St. Mary’s College of Maryland classes are canceled and all college offices are closed due to conditions caused by Hurricane Sandy. Essential employees must report at their designated time. Regular updates will continue to be posted at http://www.smcm.edu/emergency. In anticipation of possible outages to the college website, please make note of this site, http://news.smcm.edu, to be updated with information. In addition, the college’s office of admissions is extending the Nov.1 priority scholarship deadline and the Nov. 1 early decision deadline to Thursday, Nov. 15. Applicants should be certain to indicate on their application form whether they are applying for scholarships, early decision, or both.
10/30/12 9:30 a.m. - MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is no longer operating under a Code Brown
10/29/12 11:44 a.m. MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is operating under a Code Brown effective at noon on October 29 until further notic.
Comment On This Story!
Send This Story to a Friend!