PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – Have you experienced a loss in income, increased expenses, or other financial hardships due to COVID-19? If so, your finances have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and you may be eligible for rent and/or utility assistance through the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
Calvert County Government has partnered with Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee and LifeStyles of Maryland, Inc. to provide emergency assistance for past due payments and to prevent evictions and utility turn-offs.
Each household may be eligible for up to 15 months of total assistance under ERAP. Don’t struggle on your own, help is here. Staff are available to walk you through the application process and assist with confidential, free and friendly service.
Funding is available for eligible households for:
• Up to 12 months of overdue rent, utility or home energy costs – going back to March 13, 2020
• Up to three months of current or future months’ rent or utility costs at a time
• Limited funding for security deposits and other housing-related costs
To determine eligibility, renters will need to provide the following documentation:
• A copy of the lease agreement
• Proof of late rent or utility bill
• Financial information
• Proof of COVID-19 impact
• Completed ERAP application
To begin the application process and get answers to your questions call 410-535-1600, ext. 2460 or visit www.calvertcountymd.gov/renthelp. After completing the intake form, a staff member from Southern Maryland Tri-County Community Action Committee or LifeStyles of Maryland, Inc. will reach out to you within three business days. Don’t delay, apply today!