- This event has passed.
April 29 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Meet with a local attorney to fill out an Advance Health Care Directive! Registration is required. Contact Community Programs & Outreach Division Manager Sarah Miller to register – firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-475-4200, ext. 1073.
An Advance Health Care Directive will:
– Name your Health Care Agent, the person or persons who will make your health care decisions for you.
– Decide when your Agent’s power becomes effective.
– State your desires concerning the administration or withholding of life sustaining procedures if you are unable to give instructions regarding your care due to an end-of-life condition (incurable disease, terminal condition, persistent vegetative state, end stage condition, injury). This includes the choice(s) of artificial nutrition and hydration and/or all available interventions.
– Customize with your personal instructions and statements.
– Choose pain relief to relieve pain and suffering.
– State your wishes concerning organ donation or the donation of your body.
– State your desires and preferences regarding funeral and burial, cremation, memorial service, or other final instructions.