BOWIE, Md. — Six Flags America’s spectacular winter festival, Holiday in the Park, will sparkle with more than a million glittering lights, festive foods, thrilling rides, and holiday entertainment with a focus on safety in 2020. With just 15 weekend and select days remaining through January 3, 2021, DC’s Thrill Capital has been transformed into an eye-popping winter wonderland. This immersive and enchanting holiday experience is more festive than ever before with 10 specially-themed areas. Coordinated sights, sounds, scents, and attractions give each section a distinct character and ambience. The event is included with all active Memberships and Season Passes.
“Holiday in the Park has become a beloved family tradition over the last four seasons. Now, more than ever, we need to cherish these family moments and celebrate together safely,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “With our thrilling coasters and rides, live & local shows, seasonal cuisine. and all the spectacular lights, our team is focused on delivering a clean, safe and socially distant experience that they would expect for their own families.”
For its fifth season, Holiday in the Park will feature special holiday shows & attractions in 2020:
• Main Street Christmas Tree Lighting – Towering over three stories, guests can’t miss this gorgeous tree as they make their way down Main Street. Celebrate and light up the holidays in Six Flags style;
• NEW! Christmas Wishes – Live renditions of traditional holiday favorites to classic Kids’ Christmas tunes. Guests of all ages will enjoy this Christmas spectacular;
• FAN FAVORITE! The Naughty List – Join Holly and Jolly as they return to thwart Jack Frost and save all the good little boys & girls from the naughty list;
• Holiday Magic Light Show – Enjoy a spectacular light show set to instrumental music running every 15 minutes. Watch as the sky lights up with your favorite holiday tunes that will warm your heart; and
• Family Thrills – Nothing says family time like taking a turn on the area’s largest selection of holiday thrills, with seven world-class coasters from mild to wild, and a variety of kids, family, and thrill rides to help everyone to find their holiday joy.
• Limited-Time Seasonal Ride Enhancements:
- Cocoa Mixer – Mix hot cocoa and marshmallows in your favorite spinning cup and twinkling lights all around;
- Dasher’s Crashers – Take a spin on these classic bumper cars with enhanced lighting & holiday tunes pumping; and
- Great Race – Snuggle with family in the park’s snazzy antique cars while journeying through dazzling holiday displays.
• Santa’s House – Venture to the North Pole and meet the big guy himself. Good little boys & girls with their masks on can see Santa to tell him everything they want from a safe distance.
• NEW! LOONEY TUNES Photo Opportunity – Stop by and see some of everyone’s favorite LOONEY TUNES friends as they come to life right in the North Pole!
Signature features of Holiday in the Park include:
• Silver Bells Tree – White lights dazzle and amaze in this spectacular 40-foot tall, Holiday tree that towers over the Silver Bells Area. Pose in front of the glimmering lights for the perfect holiday card;
• Silent Night – Remember the reasons for the season with a quiet walk surrounded by the flicker of candlelight;
• Holiday Fire Pits – Five sections of the park feature wood-burning fire pits that warm the soul and are popular spots for toasting s’mores;
• Holiday Eats – The sweet and savory tastes of the holiday season can be found throughout the park like holiday-flavored coffee and hot chocolate, peppermint and mocha fudge, marshmallow s’mores, seasonal beers & spiked cocktails, festive funnel cakes and specialty holiday platters with delicious sides like sweet potato casserole, stuffing or mac n’ cheese; and
• Festive Photo Spots – Twinkling mistletoe, beautifully decorated trees, and Santa’s elaborate home are just a few of the fun photo spots where guests can preserve their holiday memories.
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe holiday experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend Holiday in the Park. In addition:
• All team members and all guests 2 years and up are required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the park;
• Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities are cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
• Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
For more information on Holiday in the Park and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com/America.
Six Flags now features a safer and faster payment experience Card and Mobile Payments Program. The park now only accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay, Google Pay and debit transactions throughout the entire park. In-park guests can convert cash to a prepaid debit card at one of multiple kiosks located throughout the park. The prepaid card can be used anywhere in the U.S. where VISA is accepted.
Buy A Bear, Give A Bear – Six Flags is supporting Children’s National Hospital by donating plush bears to help give patients a #ReasonToBelieve this holiday season. Guests who buy a bear during Holiday in the Park will automatically give a bear to a child at Children’s National. Over the last two years, Six Flags America has donated hundreds of plush bears to non-profits around the DMV. For full details on the program, please visit the events page on sixflags.com/America.