PRINCE FREDERICK, Md. – March 18, 2020 – The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter will close to the public and volunteers as a precautionary measure to slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). There has been no indication of COVID-19 at the shelter, and there are currently no confirmed cases in Calvert County.
The closure is effective at close of business March 17, until further notice, with the following adjustments:
• Animal intake through the shelter will cease until further notice.
• Owner reclamations and rescue transport will be conducted by appointment only.
• Drop-off donations will not be accepted. Monetary donations can be mailed to the shelter at 5055 Hallowing Point Road, Prince Frederick MD 20678.
• The volunteer program is temporarily suspended.
• Adoption inquiries can be made by phone or email.
Shelter staff will remain onsite to care for animals and to sanitize and disinfect the facility. For questions, please contact the shelter during normal business hours at 410-535-7387 or AnimalShelter@calvertcountymd.gov.
The county continues to share the latest updates surrounding Calvert County’s response to COVID-19 through a virtual resource center on its website, including any precautionary measures, guidance and closures at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov/Coronavirus.