An early-evening house fire Sunday, Jan. 26 in Charles County has displaced two of the dwelling’s occupants, state officials reported. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the one-alarm blaze on United Court in Waldorf was reported shortly before 7 p.m.
Over 20 volunteer firefighters from Waldorf, Baden and Bryans Road were dispatched to the scene and brought the flames under control in five minutes.
“The accidental fire occurred as a result of a burning candle left unattended in the bathroom of the residence,” stated Dfm. Melissa Bean. “The owner and an occupant were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.” Damage to the two-story home is estimated at $30,000.
Contact Marty Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org