LA PLATA, Md. – Sagepoint Senior Living Services was selected as the 2017 Chamber Non-Profit of the Year by the Charles County Chamber of Commerce. This award recognizes a Charles County Chamber organization that exemplifies high standards of ethics in public service. As a non-profit organization founded more than 40 years ago, Sagepoint is an organization dedicated to helping older adults age well and ensuring that families feel at peace knowing their loved one is thriving in a safe, nurturing environment. Sagepoint has built strong relationships with local health providers, faith organizations and community resources to provide a continuum of the best care for our senior residents. Sagepoint is uniquely able to reinvest their resources into better serving our residents and community rather than for-profit investors.
Just a Few of the Ways Sagepoint Senior Living Services Cares for the Community:
• Recognized as a Five Star Medicare rated community demonstrating our commitment to providing the highest quality care.
• Sagepoint earned the 2018 Eli Pick Facility Leadership Award from the American College of Healthcare Administrators. Only 11% of top-performing communities in the U.S. achieve this recognition.
• Sagepoint partners with the College of Southern Maryland by providing a site for the College’s nursing assistant students and nursing students to complete their required clinical rotations.
• Sagepoint sponsors a no cost Geriatric Nursing Assistant training program which prepares students for a career in senior care. Additionally, Sagepoint pays for the students’ licensure upon successful completion of the program.
• Sagepoint has participated in research with the Erickson School Management of Aging Services located at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
• Sagepoint has recently launched their Community Education Series- a series of free events educating members of the Southern Maryland community on a variety of topics relating to health and aging.
VP of Development Joyce Riggs remarks, “We are very thrilled to be chosen as the 2017 Charles County Chamber of Commerce’s Non-Profit of the Year! As the only non-profit provider of senior services in Charles County, we work hard to be the trusted provider of care and resources for seniors and their families throughout their journey.”
About Sagepoint Senior Living Services
Sagepoint Senior Living Services is a community-focused, non-profit organization headquartered in La Plata, Md. Sagepoint has been providing excellent care and trusted advice to seniors and their families in Southern Maryland for more than 40 years. Today we continue to grow and offer an unmatched continuum of senior living services which include: adult day services, assisted living, home care, long-term care, memory care, and rehabilitation. To learn more, visit www.SagepointCare.org, or call us at 301.934.1900.