WALDORF, Md. – On April 13 at 12:54 p.m., a school resource officer and school personnel at Thomas Stone High School were made aware of a 12th grade student who ingested edibles suspected of containing tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

The student became sick and was transported to a hospital as a precaution.

A preliminary investigation revealed the student may have received the edibles from a person known to them and was aware the edibles contained THC.

Parents are urged to talk with their children about the dangers of ingesting drugs or unknown substances; accidental poisoning is a risk.

A photo of the edibles is attached so parents can observe what the edibles may look like – they come in many shapes and sizes and often look like gummies and other candy.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Officer Curtis at 301-932-2222.

The investigation is ongoing.

Join the Conversation

1 Comment

  1. “a 12th grade student who ingested edibles” & “the student may have received the edibles from a person known to them and was aware the edibles contained THC”
    Seriously? Our future is in good hands with these wish decision makers to look forward to.
    Legalize it but don’t research its affects, like what was done with tobacco & alcohol, then parents don’t have to teach their children about it.
    FJB!!!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.