PHOTO COURTESY OF THE PRINCE FREDERICK VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
Dunkirk, MD – State investigators reported an electrical malfunction sparked a fire Friday, June 17 that resulted in heavy damage to a two-story house in Calvert County. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the one-alarm blaze on Southern Maryland Boulevard in Dunkirk was discovered by a neighbor shortly before 4 p.m.
“The fire was the result of an electrical event within the electrical box servicing the attic fan,” a fire marshal’s report stated. “The owners were not home at the time of the fire.
The family has been displaced as a result of the fire. They are being assisted by other family members.”
No injuries were reported. Damage to the structure and contents is estimated at $51,000. Fire marshals identified the homeowner as Leo Gannon.
Contact Marty Madden at email@example.com