The Charles County Commissioners wish to remind residents of the following offices and facility schedule changes for Independence Day Weekend.
- All Charles County Government offices are closed Friday, July 3
- Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville will be closed Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4
- All Senior Centers are closed Friday, July 3.
- The Nanjemoy Community Center, Elite Gymnastics and Recreation Center, Port Tobacco Recreation Center and all other Community Centers will be closed from Friday, July 3 through Sunday, July 5
- VanGO will not be operating Saturday, July 4
- The Charles County Landfill and Recycling Center, Pisgah Recycling Center, Breeze Farm Convenience Center, Gilbert Run Convenience Center, and Piney Church Road Mulch Facility will not be operating Saturday, July 4
- Pools will be open 12 p.m. -5 p.m. for open swim on Saturday, July 4. Any patrons wearing red, white and blue on July 4 will only pay $2 for daily admission
- Charles County Department of Health will be closed Friday, July 3
- All branches of the Charles County Library will be closed Friday, July 3 through Sunday, July 5
For questions about County Government holiday closures, contact the Public Information Office at 301-885-2779 or PressRoom@CharlesCountyMD.gov. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
St. Mary’s County
All St. Mary’s County Government Administrative Offices will be closed Friday, July 3, 2015 for the Independence Day holiday. Offices will reopen Monday, July 6.
The St. Andrews Landfill, six (6) Convenience Centers, and St. Mary’s Transit System (STS) will be closed on Saturday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. The Convenience Centers and STS will operate under normal business hours on July 3 and July 5. However the Landfill, which is closed on Sundays, will reopen Monday, July 6.
The Statewide Special Transportation Assistance Program (SSTAP) will not be available Friday, July 3. Regular SSTAP hours will resume Monday, July 6.
All three St. Mary’s County libraries will be closed Friday – Sunday, July 3, 4 & 5 and reopen Monday, July 6 at 9 a.m.
All Senior Activity Centers will be closed on Friday, July 3 and there will be no Meals on Wheels delivery.