Antoine Terrell Jones, 45, of Great Mills,
Antoine Terrell Jones

LUSBY, Md. — A Great Mills man was arrested after authorities say he returned to a Lusby residence where he previously lived despite having been served with an eviction notice and allegedly having been specifically instructed not to return to the property.

Antoine Terrell Jones, 45, of Great Mills, was charged Aug. 6 with trespassing on private property, a misdemeanor, according to Calvert County District Court records.

According to a statement of probable cause filed by the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy responded to a residence in the 1100 block of Muskogee Lane in Lusby on Aug. 6 for a reported trespassing complaint.

The deputy wrote that while approaching the residence, he heard a noise coming from the left side of the property.

The deputy said he then saw Jones walking off the property before sitting in the driveway of a neighboring residence.

The deputy contacted the resident, who told authorities Jones had allegedly trespassed on the property earlier that day and had been dealt with by another deputy.

According to the charging document, the resident showed the deputy photographs allegedly depicting Jones in the backyard, underneath the porch and in the driveway.

According to the charging document, the photographs were taken between approximately 4:39 p.m. and 5:35 p.m.

When the deputy contacted Jones, he told Jones that he had observed him walking away from the property, according to the probable cause statement.

Jones allegedly said he had been underneath trees because it was hot outside.

The charging document states that Jones was aware he was trespassing because of his earlier encounter with deputies.

The deputy wrote that the deputy involved in the prior encounter advised him that Jones had previously been given clear instructions not to return to the residence.

Jones reportedly told the deputy that he had not entered the house but had been retrieving belongings from his truck. The deputy noted that the truck was parked in the driveway on the property.

According to the probable cause statement, Jones had previously lived at the Lusby residence but had been served with an eviction notice by another deputy and no longer resided there.

The charging documents do not describe Jones as breaking into the home, damaging property or threatening the resident. According to the charging documents, the allegation is that he knowingly returned to private property after having been directed not to do so.

The deputy subsequently placed Jones under arrest and transported him to the Calvert County Detention Center.

Following his Aug. 6 arrest, Jones was released on his own recognizance.

Jones is scheduled for trial Sept. 16 in Calvert County District Court in Prince Frederick.


Got a tip or photo? Text us at 888-871-NEWS (6397) or email news@thebaynet.com.

Join The BayNet Membership for exclusive perks and zero ads.

Don’t miss a story—sign up for our newsletter!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *