
LUSBY, Md. — A Lexington Park man was arrested after authorities say he returned to a Lusby property after being told to leave, became disruptive and refused to identify himself during an Aug. 9 incident.
Tristan Mitchell Combs, 24, of Lexington Park, was charged with disorderly conduct, intoxicated public disturbance, trespassing on private property and obstructing and hindering, according to charging documents filed in Calvert County District Court.
According to a statement of probable cause filed by the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office, authorities were dispatched Aug. 9 to the 12000 block of Settlers Trail in Lusby after the Calvert County Control Center received a 911 call reporting four people actively fighting.
The charging documents do not indicate whether Combs was involved in the reported fight.
The deputy responded to assist Maryland State Police troopers who were already at the residence.
While officers were handling the original call, a woman who lived at the residence approached the Calvert County deputy and reported that an unknown man was passed out on her couch, according to charging documents. She allegedly told the deputy she did not know who he was and did not want him inside her home.
The deputy entered the residence and found a man later identified as Combs asleep on the couch.
According to the probable cause statement, several people inside the home told the deputy they had tried unsuccessfully to wake Combs.
The deputy reported administering a sternum rub, after which Combs began moving and pushing the deputy’s hands away.
The deputy reported detecting a strong odor of alcohol on Combs’ breath. Combs eventually sat upright and became alert enough to speak with the deputy and others inside the residence, according to the documents.
The woman allegedly said she no longer wanted Combs on the property because he had been disrespecting her and cursing at her after she offered him a place to sleep.
The deputy told Combs that the resident wanted him to leave.
According to the deputy, Combs appeared visibly impaired, stumbled while walking, had difficulty consistently forming complete and coherent sentences and repeatedly asked the same questions after receiving answers.
The deputy said Combs continued questioning why he had to leave despite being repeatedly told the resident no longer wanted him on the property.
Combs eventually reached the public street, where the deputy told him to arrange for someone to pick him up and safely leave the area.
The deputy wrote that Combs had possession of a cellphone believed to belong to him but did not make or attempt to make a call while the deputy was present.
Combs allegedly walked back onto the property and sat on the rear bumper of a vehicle in the driveway.
The deputy said he initially allowed Combs to remain there for several minutes while monitoring him and giving him another opportunity to arrange transportation.
According to the charging documents, Combs’ demeanor then changed. He allegedly became angry and began yelling and cursing.
Several people came outside and told him to stop yelling and causing a disturbance, the deputy wrote.
Emergency medical personnel were also at the scene.
Combs then allegedly began walking back toward the residence and claimed he was allowed to be on the property.
Officers warned Combs that he would be arrested if he did not return to the public street, according to the documents.
Charging documents state that officers did not initially know Combs’ identity.
A Maryland State Police trooper allegedly asked Combs to provide identification or his name so officers could complete a trespass warning. According to the deputy, Combs refused and said he did not need to provide the information.
The deputy said he also asked Combs for identification, and Combs again refused.
The resident requested that Combs be trespassed from the property for one month, according to the probable cause statement.
Officers subsequently placed Combs under arrest and handcuffed him.
While the deputy was escorting Combs toward a Sheriff’s Office vehicle, Combs allegedly dropped his body weight and began flailing while handcuffed.
The deputy wrote that officers lifted Combs back to his feet and placed him in the rear cage of the patrol vehicle.
He was then transported to the Calvert County Detention Center without further incident.
Court records show Combs was released on his own recognizance.
A trial officer scheduling proceeding is set for Sept. 23 in Calvert County District Court.
Got a tip or photo? Text us at 888-871-NEWS (6397) or email news@thebaynet.com.
Join The BayNet Membership for exclusive perks and zero ads.
Don’t miss a story—sign up for our newsletter!
