Basement fire April 6, 2022

UPDATE: On April 6, 2022 at approximately 11:05 a.m., first responders were called to reports of a basement fire at 46370 Dean Court, Lexington Park.

A report from the Maryland State Fire Marshal has come out stating that the fire was the result of an electrical malfunction within the humidifier in the basement, which was discovered by the homeowner. 

Smoke alarms were present in the house and activated. There were no injuries as a result of the fire, as all occupants were able to safely exit the building quickly. 

It took 30 firefighters approximately 15 minutes to control the fire. The estimated total loss was around $55,000.

LEXINGTON PARK, Md. – Today, at approximately 11:03 a.m., fire and rescue personnel responded to a structure fire in the 46000 block of Dean Court. A caller had reported that there was smoke coming out of the air vents.

Crews arrived on the scene to find the one-story home showing smoke from the basement. Once in the basement, firefighters discovered a working fire. All occupants are reported to be out of the home. No injuries have been reported at this time.

photo courtesy of the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department

Firefighters had the fire under control in about 15 minutes. Crews checked for extension to the first floor.

SMECO has been requested to the scene.

The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal has also been notified and requested to the scene.

We will continue to provide any additional updates that we receive.

Contact our news desk at

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *