WALDORF, Md. – As the temperatures soar throughout the region, on August 11, at approximately 11:20 a.m., our 911 center received a call for “smoke in the house” in the 900 block of Copley Avenue in Waldorf.

The 911 center informed everyone to leave the home and immediately dispatched 47 Fire/EMS to the scene.

Firefighters arrived to the scene and established “command”, once inside, units discovered the electrical panel on the side of the home was on fire and actively arcing.

SMECO was called for and units kept the fire in check using extreme caution around the electrical panel that continues arcing. SMECO cut off all power to the structure and fire unit completed extinguishment of the fire.

Search of the home found no one inside, the four family members will be assisted by Red Cross. Fire Marshals Office was notified, no injuries were reported, all Fire/EMS units cleared at 1:00 P.M.