The registration process for the Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) kindergarten program begins on Monday, April 13 at all Charles County public elementary schools. To be eligible for kindergarten for the 2015-16 school year, students must be five years old by September 1.
Kindergarten registration for in-county students is conducted at the individual elementary schools. To find out what elementary school an address is zoned for, use the School Locator feature on the Charles County Public Schools website at www.ccboe.com. Some schools allow parents to make kindergarten registration appointments in advance. Call your child’s zoned school of attendance to ask about registration appointments.
All children entering Charles County Public Schools must have the following information:
· A physical examination by a physician or a certified practitioner (physicals must be completed between nine months prior to and six months after entering school);
· Proof of required immunizations against communicable diseases (the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene 896 form showing the required immunizations is available at any school);
· The child’s birth certificate or other acceptable proof of birth (passport/visa; physician’s certificate; baptismal or church certification; hospital certificate; or birth registration). If the child was born in Maryland, a copy of his/her birth certificate can be purchased from the Charles County Department of Health, 301-609-6900; and
· Two proofs of domicile (residency): deed, mortgage statement/bill or settlement papers (with appropriate signatures), current signed verifiable lease or rental agreement (with signatures of both parties), current utility bill (complete with name and address), completed Verification of Domicile form accompanied by two acceptable proofs of domicile for the owner/lessee of the property, property tax bill for domicile (not assessment), current pay check with name and address, property title record, current court document (with name, date, and home address), and current government issued documents that include name, date and home address such as documentation of benefits from the Social Security Administration.
· Call the department of student services at 301-934-7326 with questions about proofs of domicile.
For more information about the kindergarten registration process, visit the CCPS website at www.ccboe.com or contact the office of early childhood education at 301-934-7360.