Ashley T., 12th grade, Middletown HS, Frederick County
HAVRE DE GRACE, Md. – Eighteen Maryland student artists have won a $50 award and the publication of their artwork in the annual calendar for the Maryland Agricultural Education Foundation (MAEF).
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the approval of the Maryland agricultural license plate, which supports MAEF programs, this year’s calendar has been dubbed the “Ag Tag” edition.
The Calendar Contest is open to students across the state of Maryland. This year, over 200 contest entries were received from students statewide. MAEF’s mission of promoting the understanding and appreciation of the importance of agriculture in everyone’s daily lives proves to be a winner among students. Their enthusiasm and various scenes portrayed in their art reflect their understanding of the importance of agriculture to the Maryland community and beyond.
MAEF congratulates the following students on their artistic achievements and designation as a 2020 Calendar Contest winner:
- Ashley T., 12th grade, Middletown HS, Frederick County
- Khloe S., 3rd grade, Linton Springs ES, Carroll County
- Aubrey R., 3rd grade, Freedom ES, Carroll County
- Cora B., 3rd grade, Runnymede ES, Carroll County
- Owen H. 3rd grade, Friendship Valley ES, Carroll County
- Catrina H., 7th grade, Boonsboro MS, Washington County
- Lilian K., 5th grade, Arnold ES, Anne Arundle County
- Maggie B., 4th grade, Mount Harmony ES, Calvert County
- Gabriela C., 3rd grade, Beltsville Academy, Prince George’s County
- Aura A., 7th grade, St. Mark Catholic School, Baltimore County
- Dinah C., 11th grade, Homeschool
- Olive S., 4th grade, Dr. Thomas L. Higdon ES, Charles County
- Leah S., 5th grade, Piney Ridge ES, Carroll County
- Chloe Ann T., 2nd grade, St. Michael – St. Clement School, Baltimore County
- Sara L., 12th grade, Middletown HS, Frederick County
- Brianna P., 6th grade, Clear Spring MS, Washington County
- Gus S., Kindergarten, Freedom ES, Carroll County
- Marcus S., 6th grade, Highlandtown ES/MS #215, Baltimore City
Dedicated to increasing agricultural literacy and agricultural education, MAEF is a nonprofit organization with programs serving pre-kindergarten through post-secondary audiences. MAEF signature programs include “Infusing Ag in the Classroom” professional development courses for teachers; mobile science labs; mobile agricultural showcases and Maryland FFA. Funded by the Maryland “ag tag” license plate revenues, gifts, grants and program fees, MAEF promotes the importance of agriculture in everyone’s daily lives. For more information visit www.maefonline.com