On July 8, 2016, between the hours of 3 p.m. and 1 a.m., St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office deputies conducted an operation at Myrtle Point Park, 24054 Patuxent Boulevard, in California. These proactive actions were in response to reports of criminal activity at the park and violations of park guidelines, received through the St. Mary’s County Department of Recreation and Parks.
- Deputies observed numerous violations and the following individuals were issued citations during the operation:
- Ryan Alexander Walls, age 21, of California, criminal citation for consuming alcoholic beverages on public property
- Rion O’Neil Brooks, age 24, of Mechanicsville, criminal citation for consuming alcoholic beverages on public property
- Alphonso Warren Brooks, age 21, of Mechanicsville, civil citation for possessing marijuana less than 10 grams
- Brett Ladislaus Dvorak, age 19, of California, adult civil citation for possessing alcohol under 21 years of age
- Juvenile civil citation for possessing alcohol under 21 years of age
- Nicholas Anthony Morris, age 19 of Leonardtown, adult civil citation for possessing
- alcohol under 21 years of age
During the evening hours, deputies conducted speed enforcement on Patuxent Boulevard issuing six citations and 14 written warnings. Officers also stopped sixteen motor vehicles at the front gate of Myrtle Point Park, who had the intention of entering the park after closing hours to fish.
The St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office and the St. Mary’s County Department of Recreation and Parks, extends appreciation to visitors for their cooperation during enforcement and education operations.
They also remind citizens to call the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency line at 301-475-8008, to report suspicious activity.