DUNKIRK, Md. –  On August 27, at approximately 10:07 a.m., firefighters responded to the reported structure fire at 2601 Winesap Court in Dunkirk.

Crews arrived to the scene and found the single story home showing smoke. Firefighters found a room well off and made a quick knock on the fire and limiting it’s extension. Crews laddered the house and ventilated the residence. Firefighters had the fire under control in 20 minutes.

The fire was the result of a candle accidentally being knocked over. One juvenile was transported to Children’s Hospital with minor burns to the hands. 

The loss of structure and contents estimated at $100,000

Photos courtesy of the Dunkirk Volunteer Fire Department

Contact our news desk at news@thebaynet.com