White Plains, MD — An accident in the kitchen caused a lot of damage at the Moose Lodge in Waldorf. The fire broke out just before the start of Monday Video Bowling League.

Fire officials say a deep fryer in the kitchen of the Waldorf Moose Lodge 1709, located at 4765 Crain Highway in White Plains, sparked a blaze that did a total of $150,000 in damage to the building and its contents.

Firefighters responded to the scene around 6:30 p.m. on Monday night. It took 74 firefighters from the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department an hour to extinguish the flames.

No one was injured.