PHOTO COURTESY OF HOLLYWOOD VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT

Leonardtown, Md.— On Aug. 31 at 11:48 p.m. local fire departments responded to a fire that occurred on Bloonbury Lane, in Leonardtown.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, Leonardtown,Bay District,Valley Lee and Hollywood volunteer fire departments responded to the scene. 

The homeowner discovered a fire coming from his garage and called 911. After the fire departments had the fire controlled, the investigation revealed an unattended candle was the cause of the destruction. 

The fire caused structural damage that was estimated to be $25,000, and also the loss of contents within the garage–which was totally destroyed–was estimated to be $5,000.

The investigation was handled by Dfm. Don Brenneman.

It took 42 firefighters 15 minutes to get the fire under control. There were no reported injuries due to the fire.

 Contact Charles Seifert at c.seifert@thebaynet.com