The St. Mary’s County Health Department is seeking proposals from agencies to provide Registered Nurse (RN) Nurse Monitoring services for clients in the Community First Choice program who are served in the St. Mary’s County area. To participate in the program as a nurse monitoring provider, the agency must be licensed as a residential service agency, a home health agency, a nursing referral service agency, or a nursing staff agency under the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR).
Community First Choice is a program created by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that allows states the option to offer certain community-based services as a state plan benefit to individuals who meet an institutional level of care. The Nurse Monitor will provide the following services as defined in COMAR:
- Develop provider instructions for personal assistance
- Instruct the individual providing personal assistance services concerning the services required under the participant’s provider instructions, and about conditions which should be brought to the attention of the supports planner, nurse monitor, or personal physician
- Be available to give instructions to, and answer questions from the provider
- Comply with the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s reportable events policy
- Maintain an up-to-date client profile in the Long Term Support System (LTSS) database
The St. Mary’s County Health Department intends to award this contract on the basis of the evaluation of the agency’s experience and qualification, as well as the fee proposed. For more information about the Community First Choice Nurse Monitoring request for proposals, please visit the health department’s website at www.smchd.org/rfp.