At 7:37 p.m. Nov. 23, Bay District Volunteer firefighters were alerted to 45915 Foxchase Drive for the report of an apartment fire in apartment 1404.

Within five minutes, the first crew arrived, finding to evidence of fire outside. The apartment was full of smoke when firefighters entered.

After using a fire extinguisher off the truck, firefighters discovered that the chimney damper was closed in the fireplace, reports Deputy Chief Jeff Evans.

Additional crews set up ventilation to the apartment, and occupants were checked out by Volunteer Rescue Squad members for minor smoke inhalation and signed a refusal of treatment.

While units were on the scene, a fire alarm was reportedly sounding at Quality Transfer and Storage, on Route 235 in Lexington Park.

Two trucks from Bay Distrirt and one from Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department responded. After learning that a respondent would not respond, Bay District Chief Wayne Johnson gave the order to force open the door, Evans reports.

Once crew gained entry into the business they reset the alarm and secured the building.

See slideshow below for images from the apartment fire, click here for images from Quality Van-Lines call.