(St. Mary’s City, Md.) Thursday, September 7, 2017 – Come out and join St. Mary’s College of Maryland for a full weekend of festive fall activities during Hawktoberfest, Oct. 20 – 22. The annual event attracts more than 1,000 visitors to the College’s waterfront campus each year.
Hawktoberfest weekend is comprised of a variety of free and low-cost events for community members, students and their families, and the College community to enjoy, including:
- Taste of Southern Maryland, Friday, 5 – 7:30 p.m.
- 18th Annual Petruccelli 5K, Saturday, 8 a.m. race start
- Kids’ Corner, Saturday, 12 – 5 p.m.
- Arboretum Guided Tree Walk, Saturday, 1 – 2 p.m.
- St. Mary’s River Cruises, Saturday, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Bamboo Boat Race, Saturday, 4 – 5 p.m. (construction begins at 12 p.m.)
- Crab Feast, Saturday, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Brunch Buffet, Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For a full list of events and to register for any event for that weekend, visit www.smcm.edu/events/hawktoberfest. Registration is now open through Thursday, Oct. 12.
St. Mary’s College of Maryland is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education through 2024-2025. St. Mary’s College, designated the Maryland state honors college in 1992, is ranked one of the best public liberal arts schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Approximately 1,600 students attend the college, nestled on the St. Mary’s River in Southern Maryland.