SOMD – Southern Maryland public library customers may experience online service interruptions as the regional catalog software and hardware are updated Wednesday, Sept. 22. Customers may get “Connection Timed-out” messages while the upgrade is conducted between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The temporary disruption will only affect customers accessing the online catalog and certain digital resources. During the upgrade, customers may still check out and return materials in person at Southern Maryland public library branches.
In addition to the online catalog of materials, the following services will be briefly interrupted:
• African American History Online
• Ancestry Library
• BrainFuse education, testing and career guidance resources
• The Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database
• Hoopla digital media services
• LearningExpress Library school, career and test preparation resources
• LinkedIn Learning professional skills instruction
• OverDrive digital materials
• Tumblebook Library children’s literature portal
• Value Line investment information services
Work on the upgrade may extend beyond 2 p.m. Sept. 22 but is expected to be completed that afternoon.