Due to inclement weather, Charles County Government will open at 9 a.m. today, Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2015, with the liberal leave policy in effect for all non-essential employees. Essential personnel and employees required to maintain operations during inclement weather are to report to work as scheduled.
VanGO Transit Service and MTA commuter bus service to Washington, D.C. are operating on a normal schedule.
The following facilities and services are closed or canceled today:
• Community Centers
• Senior Centers
• Lackey and North Point Pools
• Meals on Wheels Program
• All scheduled Recreation programs, sports practices, and activities at school-based community centers, indoor pools, Port Tobacco Recreation Center, and Elite Gymnastics
• Charles County Public Schools
The following facilities and services are operating on a delayed or modified schedule today:
• Charles County Government (Opening at 9 a.m.)
• Crain Memorial Welcome Center (Opening at 9 a.m.)
• Charles County Department of Health (Opening at 9 a.m.)
• Charles County Public Library, all branches (Opening at noon)
• District Court of Maryland for Charles County (Clerk’s office open at 10:30 a.m.; morning cases called at 11 a.m.)
• College of Southern Maryland (Opening at noon)
Charles County Government will provide additional operational status updates as warranted.