On Tuesday, Jan. 6, the Charles County Commissioners proclaimed the week of Jan. 18 through Jan. 24, as Charles County Saves Week. America Saves is a national social marketing campaign aimed at increasing financial literacy and building personal wealth.
The Assets for Financial Independence Foundation, Inc. (AFFIF), a partner in America Saves campaign, is committed to helping Charles County residents take immediate financial action in decreasing debt.
Charles County Saves in partnership with the Charles County Library, University of Maryland Extension, SDM Investments, LLC., Farmers Insurance, and GT Financial Services is hosting the following free seminars:
- Jan. 17: How to Raise Financially Savvy Children: Dollars & Sense for Parents and Children
- Jan. 24: Investment and Retirement Planning
- Jan. 31 and Feb. 28: First-Time Home-Buyer’s Education
- Feb. 7: Financial Planning: Budgeting, Emergency Funds, Debt Management and College Savings
- Feb. 14 Mastering Your Credit
- Feb. 21: Creating Wealth: Investments, Taxes, Retirement and Estate Planning
- March 7: Identity Theft
- March 14 and March 21: Developing Money Smart Habits
All seminars are held at Waldorf West Library (10405 O’Donnell Place, Waldorf) from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. To register, visit http://www.ccplonline.org/index.html.