LA PLATA, Md. – The Charles County Board of Elections is seeking interested applicants who are willing to serve as election judges for the 2022 Election. Election judges are paid positions, and they are responsible for administering voting procedures in their precinct and ensuring a fair and accessible election for all eligible voters.
To be an election judge, you must be:
- U.S. citizen
- 16 years old or older*
- A registered voter in the State of Maryland
- Physically and mentally able to work at least a 15-hour day
- Willing to work outside your home precinct
- Able to sit and/or stand for an extended period
- Can speak, read, and write English
* If you are 16 years old, you can serve if you demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the County Board of Elections, that you meet the requirements for an election judge and at least one parent or guardian gives permission.
No experience is required. Training is provided. If interested, visit www.CharlesCountyMD.gov/government/board-of-elections or email Sharonda Munson at Sharonda.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-396-8873.