UPDATE – On April 2, 2022, at approximately 6:22 p.m., first responders were called to a reported structure fire at 21205 Point Lookout Road.

Further investigation by the Maryland State Fire Marshal has come out stating that the homeowner observed the fire in the early stages and was able to safely evacuate everyone from the home. The fire originated from the ceiling space in the attached converted garage. It took 60 first responders approximately 30 minutes to control the fire.

The home is a complete loss, totaling an estimated $250,000. It is unknown if the smoke alarm was activated or not.

There were no injuries or deaths as a result of the fire.

The preliminary cause has been ruled as an “accidental – unspecified electrical event.”

Contact our news desk at news@thebaynet.com

CALLAWAY, Md. — We are receiving reports of a structure fire this evening in Callaway.

At approximately 6:22 p.m. on April 2, first responders were called to the scene of a fire in the 21000 block of Point Lookout Road, in the area of Seth Court. Initial reports indicated that there were flames visible from a garage, and that other areas of the residential structure may be threatened by the fire.

Upon arrival, crews determined that all people had gotten out of the house, but found the two-story house involved with fire in the garage and extending throughout the attic.

Firefighters would work quickly to try and contain the fire which was causing damages to various parts of the house. Crews are still working to get the power supply to the house cut off at this time.

Expect delays on Point Lookout Road at this time while first responders work to contain the fire. We do not have confirmation of any injuries at this time.

This is a developing story. We will continue to provide additional details as they are made available.

Join the Conversation


  1. Such a sad situation especially since they were at home. Maybe it’s time to encourage folks to have a few fire extinguishers in their homes? It never hurts to have one in the garage, one in the kitchen and one on every floor…

    1. According to the article: The fire was in an attic space over the garage and it took 60 first responders 30 minutes to put out the fire. But you think the homeowner could have put this out with a fire extinguisher? The homeowner did the right thing. He got everyone out of the house and accomplished the primary goal, no one died.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *