A GoFundMe page has been created to raise money for the family of four who are currently unable to stay in their home. 

It begins by saying “Meet Shannon and Bob Campbell.  A local family from Mechanicsville MD who recently just suffered the loss of their home in a fire that occured on June 15th 2015.  Shannon and Bob are the parents to two beautiful daughters, and wonderful friends to so many people in our local community.  In the past few years, the Campbell family has experienced one hardship after the other ranging from trees totaling their vehicles to Shannon having been diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease at the age of 37…..”

The page can be found here: Bob & Shannon Campbell’s House Fire


Units responded to Cat Creek Road in Mechanicsville around 8:40 a.m. June 15 for the report of a fire.

40 firefighters from Hollywood, Mechanicsville, Leonardtown, Bay District and Seventh District Volunteer Fire Departments immediately went to work controlling the flames, and did so in about 25 minutes.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal the fire was caused by unattended cooking that was left on the stove in the kitchen.

No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. Damage is estimated at $150,000, the family has been displaced and are being assisted by family and friends.