Reggie Rice and The Magic Of Laughter
Reggie Rice and The Magic Of Laughter

GREAT MILLS, Md. — February 23 was just a normal Wednesday for most folks, but for Great Mills High School, it was the day that the MTSS Program celebrated and rewarded students with the gift of magic and laughter.

Great Mills High School alumni and local celebrity, Reggie Rice, performed his one-man comedy show for two groups of students during lunch as an incentive for positive behavior.

The show provided a much-needed break from the academic routine and the opportunity to experience what Rice calls the “MAGIC OF LAUGHTER.” Students, teachers, and administrators were amazed and amused by the 3-time winner, D.C Comedy Magician of the Year. It was just what the school nurse ordered. 

The last two years have been hard on us all, but especially on children. Students are under more stress than ever. This leads to behavior issues in some cases, but fortunately, 95% of students are doing much better than we could have ever imagined. Rice noted that after speaking with students, he was amazed to discover how optimistic they are, and how it was truly rewarding to be able to perform his passion for them.

MTSS (Multi-Tiered Systems and Supports) is a program dedicated to celebrating positive behaviors in school. 95% of students are already doing the right thing, and the school is implementing support systems for the other 5% to encourage behavioral change for the betterment of the school environment. 

As a committee, we have found that a solid support structure is near impossible without some financial support. We want to expand this program, but honestly, there’s not enough funding out there to make it happen. We need your help to find ways to create opportunities that will truly reach the last 5% and celebrate 100% success.

GMHS is not done bringing magic into the lives of students and the community. They are teaming up with Reggie Rice and The Magic Of Laughter LLC for even more comedy and magic.

Rice’s team is excited to announce a fundraiser for the MTSS Program featuring the award-winning family-friendly magic show, Fool Of Illusions Friday, March 4th, 2022 at Great Mills High School at 7:00 pm. 

This show is an opportunity everyone needs. It will be a night of pure fun and excitement. Let go, relax, and forget about the stress in our lives for a few hours. We’ve all missed the opportunity to Laugh, Love, and Live together during these unprecedented pandemic times. So, let’s make some memories that will last! MTSS believes EVERY child/student should get the chance to join in, so they are asking for 3 things from everyone

who can help:

1.   Sponsor a Group of less fortunate children/families. Donate blocks of 5, 10, 25 even 50 tickets. Your sponsorship/donation will be recognized on all social media platforms, websites, and at the show. You’ll be known as a business/person that helped spread the magic of laughter in the community. If you wish to be anonymous, we understand and appreciate your commitment. Tickets go to families in need and those directly affected by COVID.

5 5or $50  –  10 for $100 –  25 for $250  –  50 for $500

2.  Bring your family to the show. A night of comedy, magic, and laughter is just what we all need to feed our souls during these difficult times.

3. Spread the word about the show.  After all, it is a fundraiser as well for MTSS (Multi-Tiered Systems and Supports). Please share on social media and tell your friends.

Our students and community cannot thank you enough in advance for your kind hearts and generous support for this fundraiser. We look forward to working with you and can’t wait to see you at the show as we spread the magic of laughter together.  

The show is Friday, March 4th, 2022 at Great Mills High School @ 7:00 pm. Tickets are available at www.FOOLOFILLUSIONS.com/shows.

Reggie Rice’s Award-Winning show FOOL OF ILLUSIONS takes the stage with some Brand New Illusions! Strap in as Reggie will take the audience on a 90-minute theatrical ride with mind-blowing magic, hilarious comedy, and spectacular illusions that will have everyone on the edge of your seat bursting into laughter. Trust us, you won’t want to miss the always entertaining foolishness of Reggie Rice’s FOOL OF ILLUSIONS!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.