Chesapeake Beach, MD – Units from North Beach, Dunkirk, Huntingtown and Prince Frederick Volunteer Fire Departments responded to a vehicle fire discovered on Willow Street.

The 1990 Ford Mustang was discovered in flames by a neighbor according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

The vehicle was parked next to a house, however, the fire did not spread beyond the driver’s area. The accidental fire began in the interior driver’s compartment of the vehicle as a result of a malfunctioning steering column component. There were no injuries as a result of the fire.

Damage is estimated at $200 and 10 firefighters controlled the fire in five minutes.