The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Monday, Feb. 19, in recognition of Presidents Day. In addition:
• The three county senior centers will close and Meals on Wheels will not be delivered.
• There will be no county bus service Feb. 19.
• Calvert Library locations will close Monday, Feb. 19.
• Mt. Hope, Northeast, Harriet E. Brown and Southern community centers will close
• The Solomons Visitor Center is closed Monday, Feb. 19. Normal seasonal hours are Friday through Sunday.
• The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will open with regular hours.
• Flag Ponds Nature Park and Kings Landing Park will open with normal hours.
• Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary will be open 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will open with normal hours.
• The Calvert Marine Museum will open 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center will open with normal Monday hours.
The County Administrator wishes to remind residents of changes to normal operating schedules for the month of February. All offices, facilities, and services not listed will be operating their normal hours.
Monday, Feb. 19 (President’s Day)
•All Charles County Government offices and the Tri-County Animal Shelter in Hughesville will be closed.
•The Nanjemoy Community Center, senior centers, and all school based community centers will be closed.
•Lackey, Donald M. Wade Aquatic Center, and North Point High indoor pools will be open from 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
•Charles County Public Library will be closed (all branches).
•Charles County Health Department will be closed.
For questions about County Government holiday closures, contact the Public Information Office at 301-885-2779 or PressRoom@CharlesCountyMD.gov. Citizens with special needs may contact the Maryland Relay Service at 711, or Relay Service TDD: 800-735-2258.
ST. MARY’S COUNTY
All St. Mary’s County Government administrative offices will be closed Monday, February 19, 2018 in observance of Presidents Day. Administrative offices will reopen for normal business hours on Tuesday, February 20.
The St. Andrews Landfill, the six (6) Convenience Centers and St. Mary’s Transit (STS) will be open under normal hours on Monday, February 19. However, the Statewide Specialized Transportation Assistance Program (SSTAP) will not provide services for the Senior Nutrition Centers and or SSTAP appointments.
All St. Mary’s County Library locations will be closed on Monday, February 19.
All three Senior Activity Centers will also be closed and there will be no Meals on Wheels deliveries.
PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY
The Prince George’s County Department of the Environment (DoE) announces the following services and facilities will close or be suspended on Monday, February 19, 2018.
- Animal Services Facility (3750 Brown Station Road): Closed
- Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill: Open
- Brown Station Road Public Convenience Center: Open
- Electronics Recycling Acceptance Site (Located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill): *Closed
- Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site (Located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill): *Closed
- Missouri Avenue Solid Waste Acceptance and Recycling Center: Open
- Prince George’s County Organics Composting Facility: Open
- Prince George’s County Materials Recycling Facility (1000 Ritchie Road): Open
- Bulky Trash Collection (By appointment only): No Collection(Collections resume Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018)
- Trash Collection in County-Contracted Areas: Regular collections occur Tuesday, Feb. 20 – Friday, Feb. 23, 2018
- Curbside Recycling Collection: Regular collections occur Tuesday, Feb. 20 – Friday, Feb. 23, 2018
- County Yard Trim Collections: Regular collections occur Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
*Facility only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday*
TheBus, a public transit service operated by the Prince George’s County Department of Public Works and Transportation, will provide regular service on all routes, except Route 51 (service to the Equestrian Center/Courthouse) on Monday, February 19, 2018. The County’s Call-A-Bus service, including dialysis transportation, will not operate on Monday, February 19, 2018. Regular operations of the Call-A-Bus services will resume on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
The Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement will be closed on Monday, February 19, 2018. Normal business hours will resume on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Prince George’s CountyClick 3-1-1 will also be closed on Monday, February 19, 2018 and will return to normal operations on Tuesday, February 20, 2018. However, residents can still submit service/issue requests online at www.countyclick311.com/
The Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA) will close all branch offices and VEIP stations on Monday, February 19 in observance of Presidents’ Day. MDOT MVA’s self-service VEIP kiosks will be available. MDOT MVA’s online services and 24-hour kiosks, which can be used to complete many transactions, also will be accessible to customers.
All MDOT MVA offices and VEIP stations will reopen on Tuesday, February 20.
Customers can conduct numerous transactions online at mva.maryland.gov:
• Registration renewals
• Driver’s license renewals
• ID Card renewals
• Duplicate registration
• Duplicate title
• Order a new plate
• Change of address
• Vessel registration renewal