LA PLATA, Md. – Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) hosted the 2023 Middle School Archery Tournament on Nov. 17 at Milton M. Somers Middle School. Archers from seven CCPS middle schools, divided by grade level into boy and girl teams, competed. The top boy and girl archer by grade were recognized, as well as teams overall.
- Nylah Donalson, sixth grade, Matthew Henson Middle School, 156 points.
- Owen Holcomb, sixth grade, Piccowaxen Middle School, 158 points.
- Finley Poff, seventh grade, Piccowaxen, 118 points.
- Karsten Charlie Villanueva, seventh grade, Theodore G. Davis Middle School, 165 points.
- Rowan Leonard, eighth grade, Piccowaxen, 135 points.
- Jordan Strader, eighth grade, Davis, 120 points.
Team winners also are chosen at each grade level. The following teams earned first, second or third place:
- Piccowaxen, first place, 222 points.
- Henson, second place, 206 points.
- Davis, third place, 160 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 308 points.
- Henson, second place, 251 points.
- Davis, third place, 222 points.
- Piccowaxen, first place, 193 points.
- Somers, second grade, 145 points.
- Henson, third place, 138 points.
- Davis, first place, 307 points.
- Piccowaxen, second place, 265 points.
- Henson, third place, 169 points.
- Picco, first place, 260 points.
- Henson, second place, 220 points.
- Davis, third place, 187 points.
- Davis, first place, 203 points.
- Piccowaxen, second place, 170 points.
- Mattawoman Middle School, third place, 138 points.
Overall team totals
- Piccowaxen, 1,418 points.
- Davis, 1,208 points.
- Henson, 1,109 points.
- Somers, 587 points.
- Mattawoman, 353 points.
- John Hanson Middle School, 251 points.
- Benjamin Stoddert Middle School, 112 points.