WALDORF, Md. — Firefighters responded to a house fire at 10265 Wimbledon Place in Waldorf on September 30, which destroyed much of the house.
Crews reported the fire started outside under the back deck and spread inside the unit. Eventually, the fire was deemed electrical because of faulty wiring and poor construction, according to the Fire Marshall.
Although no one that lived in the home suffered severe injuries, it left the family with nowhere to go.
“In the two hours it took to extinguish the fire, we went from having a home and feeling secure in their lives, to becoming homeless, feeling devastated and left to deal with all the loss,” the impacted family said on their GoFundMe page.
The family did not have renter’s insurance, so they were not eligible for temporary housing and possession replacement. Currently, they are looking for help to rebuild their lives and home.
For anyone who wants to help, click here to donate to their GoFundMe page. All donations will go toward bills, temporary housing, food, clothes, and furniture.
Contact our news desk at firstname.lastname@example.org