Members of the Charles County Sheriff’s Office Domestic Violence Unit, Child Support Unit and Warrant Fugitive Unit recently participated in the National Family Violence Apprehension Detail – a nationwide event in which law enforcement agencies select one day in October to focus on serving warrants relating to domestic violence. This year’s warrant sweep took place on October 21-22 and yielded nine arrests and warrants served.
Prior to the sweep, 26 domestic violence warrants were served from October 1-22 as a result of researching all active and inactive warrants. Some individuals were located while others either turned themselves in or were turned in by another agency.
On the evening of the sweep, officers were joined by members of the Maryland State Police and the Prince George’s County Sheriff’s Office to serve the remaining open warrants. During the operation, officers located and arrested nine fugitives who had warrants for domestic violence or child support charges:
- RICHARD LEON WARE, 26, WALDORF, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES
- TERRACE WENDEL BUCKMON, 23, CLINTON, CHILD SUPPORT CHARGES
- MALCOLM DUSHAWN WELLS, 23, WALDORF, CHILD SUPPORT CHARGES
- HEATHER ANNE DINGES, 26, WALDORF, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES
- AMANDA LYNN HARMON, 24, WALDORF, CHILD SUPPORT CHARGES
- ADRIAN JEROME DANIELS, 19, WALDORF, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES
- BILLY JEROD PROCTOR, 30, UPPER MARLBORO, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES
- REMY DEVONTE HARRIOTT, 23, WHITE PLAINS, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CHARGES
- EDWARD IVORY ADAMS, 27, LANHAM, CHILD SUPPORT CHARGES
Sgt. S. Grove, a supervisor in charge of the warrant sweep, said operations like this are important. “Our objective is to bring a sense of justice to victims of domestic violence. It is sometimes difficult to locate the offenders, which is why it is vital that we team up with outside agencies to share resources and information.”
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of persons wanted by the Charles County Sheriff’s Office is asked to call 301-932-3060 or 301-932-2222. Tipsters who want to remain anonymous may contact Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS or by texting CHARLES + the tip to CRIMES (274637) or submitting tips online at tipsubmit.com.