The American Red Cross is assisting a Newburg family of four after their double wide mobile home caught fire on Jan. 30 around 5:15 p.m.

Firefighthers from Newburg, Bel Alton, La Plata, Mechanicsville and Cobb Island responded to the 10800 block of Crain Highway after a babysitter for the Davis family discovered a fire in the laundry room of the mobile home.

It took 30 firefighters about 15 minutes to bring the blaze under control. No injuries were reported. The damage to the home rings in at $80,000.

The preliminary cause of the fire appears to be accidental with a malfunction in the dryer.