La Plata, MD— La Plata Business Association (LPBA) announces the arts and entertainment schedule at the Shop La Plata celebration on Small Business Saturday® to be held on Nov. 28, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in historic downtown La Plata, Maryland.
Start your holiday season off right with hundreds of joyful shoppers and families to enjoy live music, caroling, theater and dance performances, and an art exhibition. All right here in La Plata, Southern Maryland’s most festive small-town shopping and dining destination for the holidays.
Pop-up shows on the lawn of the Farrell Building located at 404 E Charles Street
· Local celebrities T-Bone and Heather WSMD-FM STAR 98.3 broadcast live at 10:00 a.m.
· GJ Dance Studio performs to your holiday favorites at noon
· Sam Grow plays for hometown fans at 1:00 p.m.
· Grace Lutheran School and Church sings songs of the season at Martin’s Gift Shop every hour on the hour located at 309 E. Charles St.;
· The MadriGals from the Chesapeake Choral Arts Society, and students from Mattawoman Middle School, St. Charles High School and La Plata High School, carol around town and at the La Plata Polar Express located at 101 Kent Avenue, starting at 10:00 a.m.;
· Local youth rock band, Flippin’ Eyelids plays at 1:00 p.m. at Red Oak Bistro located at 6390 Crain Highway
· Hush Money band takes the stage at 3:00 p.m. at Casey Jones Restaurant & Bar located at 417 E. Charles St;
· Holi-Pop Gallery Open House at 4:00 p.m. at the Steffens Building located at 2 La Grange Ave; and
· ‘A Christmas Carol’ play at 8:00 p.m. at Port Tobacco Players (PTP) located at 508 E. Charles St.
All shows and performances are FREE to attend with the exception of the PTP theater performance that advance ticket purchase is recommended. Canned good donations for the “Scouting for Food’ program to benefit local food pantries to feed the hungry are appreciated. Donations are accepted at participating small merchants during the event.
Small Business Saturday® is held the first Saturday after Thanksgiving and was created by American Express in 2010 to help small business kick off the busy holiday shopping season. By supporting the thirty independently-owned shops and restaurants in the town of La Plata on Small Business Saturday® and throughout the holidays, you are helping to grow the local economy and build a better neighborhood.
La Plata is a charming small walking town that celebrates its rich culture and heritage, friendly neighbors, and thriving community. La Plata is a premiere Southern Maryland destination for the arts and entertainment; authentic local food, beer and wine; and historical landmarks. Shop La Plata for antiques, vintage and hard to find musical instruments; beautiful jewelry and accessories; eclectic fashions and eyewear; unique home and artsy gifts; and handcrafted beauty products.
Stay updated and informed about the event by following #shoplaplata hashtag and “like” the La Plata Business Association Facebook page. For inquiries, contact Christine Parker, 301-751-7553.