Leonardtown, MD – The Maryland State Highway Administration and Maryland State Police have implemented its Snow Emergency Plan for St. Mary’s County. Details about the plan can be found at http://www.chart.state.md.us/StormInfo/snow_emergency_plans.asp.
Department of Public Works and Transportation crews have begun to plow county owned roads (based on rates and depths of accumulation.) Since plowing takes longer than salting, and to ensure that secondary/subdivision roadways are able to be treated, 20 pieces of contractor equipment have been mobilized. Residents are advised to exercise caution while on the roadways this morning.
Public Works and Transportation has issued the following updates:
– There will be no Non Public School Bus Transportation today (as St. Mary’s County Public Schools are closed).
– STS is operational and running at this time. Passengers should expect minor delays in service
– Convenience Centers / Landfill will open at 11:00 a.m.
– County crews are working on main entrances in Leonardtown and outlying facilities (i.e. the Loffler Senior Activity Center and Northern Senior Activity Center). Recreation & Parks crews are working to clear parking lots.
Leonardtown, MD – Due to the inclement weather the St. Andrews Landfill and six (6) Convenience Centers will open at 11 a.m. today.
Leonardtown, MD – All three St. Mary’s County Library locations (Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown and Lexington Park) will open at 11 a.m. today.
Leonardtown, MD – All St. Mary’s County Department of Aging Senior Activity Centers will open at their regular times and all services will be provided. Meals on Wheel deliveries are scheduled to be made.
The St. Mary’s County District Court has canceled its morning docket. However, the cases scheduled for the afternoon docket will proceed.
Leonardtown, MD – Department of Public Works and Transportation crews are on the roads salting and sanding slippery spots around the county. This operation will continue through the duration of the storm.
Due to the weather the following delays and schedule changes are in effect:
- All St. Mary’s County Public Schools are closed. Code 2 for staff.
- Liberal Leave is in effect for St. Mary’s County employees. However,
- County Administrative Offices will open at their regular time.
- St. Mary’s County Convenience Centers and STS will open at their regular time.
- Recreation programs scheduled to be held at a public school location will be cancelled for today including this evening.
- All recreation centers (Leonard Hall, Margaret Brent, Hollywood, Carver, Great Mills Pool) will open at 12:00 p.m. All morning programs are cancelled.
- The Gymnastics Center will open for afternoon & evening programs at 4:00 p.m.
- St. Mary’s County Circuit Court building will open at will open at 10:30 a.m. with court proceedings beginning at 11 a.m.
St. Mary’s County Government will provide additional updates when warranted.