Clements, MD – A Prince George’s County man who was driving a tractor trailer that struck a house in Clements, trapping the occupants, is now facing traffic charges four months after the incident occurred, court documents stated. Bolden Macarthur Walker, 73 of Capital Heights, received three traffic citations June 27 in St. Mary’s County District Court. Walker was charged with negligently driving a vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner, endangering property, life and person; recklessly driving a vehicle in wanton and willful disregard for safety of persons and property, and failure to control vehicle speed on highway to avoid collision. Court records indicate that Walker will have $780 worth of fines levied against him. He does not have to appear in court.

According to a St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office press release, on Saturday, Feb. 24 shortly before 6 a.m. deputies responded to the 23000 block of Budds Creek Road for a report of a vehicle into a residence. “Upon arrival it was discovered a tractor trailer had driven off the roadway and continued into an occupied residence, trapping the occupants inside,” the press release stated. “Initial investigation revealed a 2017 Kenworth T880 towing an empty semi-trailer was traveling eastbound on Budds Creek Road in the area of the traffic circle at Colton Point Road. For unknown reasons the operator lost control of the vehicle as it was approaching the traffic circle. The vehicle continued through the traffic circle, striking a curb, which caused the vehicle to cross the westbound lanes of Budds Creek Road. The vehicle then left the roadway, struck the awning of an unoccupied building and ultimately collided into the side of the occupied residence.”

Police identified the adults inside the residence as Kathleen Fitzpatrick, 38; and Thomas Martin Johnson, 37. Walker, Fitzpatrick and Johnson were transported by ambulance to University of Maryland Prince George’s Hospital Center with serious injuries. Two juveniles inside the home at the time of the incident were taken to Medstar St. Mary’s Hospital for precautionary measures.

The incident was investigated by Dfc. Taylore Nauman of the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office.

Contact Marty Madden at