The Charles County Board of Elections is looking for persons interested in being Election Judges for the 2016 Primary and General elections. The primary election is scheduled for Tuesday, April 26, 2016 and the general election will be held Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016.
Who can be an Election Judge?
You are eligible if you:
• Are registered to vote in Maryland
• Are not a candidate for any public or political party office
• Are detailed oriented and can speak, read and write the English language
• Are a motivated person who can endure long hours (6 a.m. – 10 p.m.) You may not leave at any time
• Can provide your own transportation to and from your assigned polling place
• Enjoy meeting people and serving the public
• Able to lift 50 pounds
What does an Election Judge do?
In accordance with Federal and State law, you must perform all of the duties assigned to you by the Local Board of Elections and perform your duties faithfully, diligently and without partiality or prejudice.
• Prepare the polling place for voting
• Check voters in
• Instruct voters on how to use the voting equipment
• Maintain the security of voting materials
• Close the polling place