CHARLES COUNTY, Md. – Join Explore Charles County for Restaurant Week Saturday, February 20th through Sunday, February 28th. Savor some of your culinary favorites with friends and family! It’s a great way to support local businesses!
Your Charles County favorites will be offering a combination of special deals, discounts, and recipes. Shop Local by ordering take-out or purchasing a gift card from Charles County Restaurants, then enjoy your meal in a welcoming environment or in the comforts of your own home. Participating businesses, including restaurants, food trucks, bakeries, and craft beverage providers, will be offering special deals, rates, and specials. Do not miss out!
Participating businesses have table tents with QR codes that link to full restaurant listing on website.
• Restaurant week is designed to promote a buy local initiative for our small businesses and restaurants in the county
• 20 Participating businesses (including food trucks, distillery and brewery) are featuring specials and deals on tourism website for dine in or to-go
• Tourism division partnered with the Media Department to develop the following collateral to promote the event (Restaurant Week Logo, Billboard, posters, window clings)
• Direct mail postcards will be delivered to over 30,000 residents
• 102 radio commercials with WSDM STAR 98.3FM will air to promote the week/businesses
• GaspumpTv will be running Restaurant Week video featuring Charles County businesses
Restaurant Week is also occurring during FeBREWary:
• The FeBREWary is a statewide initiative declared by Governor Hogan in 2016 to promotes the tourism associated with the craft beverage industry
• A Charles County FeBREWary initiative will lend to community building and quality of life development
• The month-long celebration is expected to bring visitors to the region and contribute to the economy through increased hotel bookings and spending at restaurants and breweries
• Patuxent Brewing Co. is release a new beer called “Sunken Sips”
• The artwork for the beverage was designed in collaboration with another Charles County local business Shop 53 Tattoo
& Art Studio
• The naming of the beer was inspired by the sunken ships “Ghost Fleet” at Mallows Bay
• Beer initially will be sold at Patuxent Brewing Company with the possibility of expansion to other locations around the County