Father Beaten to Death Outside Anne Arundel Home While Defending His Son

BROOKLYN, Md. – On Friday, May 19th, 43-year-old Christopher Michael Wright was fatally beaten while protecting his son from a confrontation that started at school. 

According to Wright’s fiancée Tracy Karopchinsky, her 14-year-old son got into a physical altercation with another teenage boy at Brooklyn Park Middle School around Friday afternoon. Sometime later, a gang of five individuals showed up to their house looking for their son. 

“Chris came out to tell them, like, he’s not coming out here to fight, and they threatened at one point to come in and get him, and then they said, ‘If he’s not going to fight, then you’re going to fight’,” said Karopchinsky. 

The assault was captured on film by both the house’s security camera and the neighbor’s camera. 

Wright was transported to a nearby trauma center for treatment, but he died Saturday evening. 

The five individuals responsible for the heinous crime are described as being all white males, three teenagers and two adults. Homicide detectives are currently investigating the incident. 

To donate to the family’s GoFundMe, visit https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-family-of-chris-wright

The official cause and manner of death is pending a ruling from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Homicide detectives are actively investigating the circumstances that led up to the interaction between the parties involved and the incident that resulted in Mr. Wright’s death.

Police are asking anyone with information to come forward by calling the Homicide Unit at 410-222-4731. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are encouraged to call the Anne Arundel County Police Tip Line at 410-222-4700.

Contact our news desk at news@thebaynet.com 

Join the Conversation


  1. I bet they acted tough because they were 5 of them. If it would’ve been 1 only this wouldn’t happen. Let’s see how tough they are in jail. It’s horrible to live this way.

  2. If there were five out there looking for a fight, why in gods name did he go out there. He should have called the sheriff’s office to report it. Don’t take matters into youriwn hands…..some peole are plain crazy and no amount of talking gets through to them. It was dangerous to go out there against tgem alone. My he rest in Peace knowing he saved his son.

  3. Five people living with lifelong regret now.
    Six families forever scarred.
    Who ‘won’?…nobody.

    This is why ‘thinking before one acts’ is SO important.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *